The Edison School is a private co-educational day school that helps children in grades K-8 with specific learning differences and unique learning styles, develop academically as well as socially and emotionally. Through self-understanding and the creation of healthy compensatory skills, students are prepared to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our vision is to provide high-quality education to students with learning differences. We strive to meet our students where they are by providing an intimate and supportive community that honors the individual, values learning diversity and fosters personal and social growth.
At The Edison School, the following beliefs guide our work:
- We believe that every student has the potential to learn.
- We believe that every person who interacts with a student is a teacher.
- We believe that learning differently demands that we teach differently.
- We believe that the responsibility for pedagogical decisions lies with individual teachers.
- We believe that all teachers should have the necessary resources for implementing the curriculum.
- We believe that parent partnerships are an essential component in the pursuit of academic and social development.
- We believe that we must encourage students to learn about learning and to form their own beliefs in a search for intellectual autonomy.
- We believe that the exploration of the arts and is essential components in the development of independent, curious, and critical thinkers.
- We believe that we must impart to our students a sense of moral responsibility for their thoughts and actions in the hope that they will strive to be citizens tolerant of the differences in the world that they will inherit.
Commitment of Excellence
- We are committed to maintaining open lines of communication with our parents to ensure that the needs of our students are being fulfilled.
- We are committed to meeting the social and educational needs of our student by providing a multi-sensoral learning environment led by compassionate teachers.
- We are committed to constantly reinforcing our “Culture of Acceptance” for all of our students so that they can feel valued for who they are as individuals and to have a safe place to learn.
- We are committed to helping students become productive citizens by creating opportunities for them to be involved in community service activities.
- We are committed to utilizing assessment tools throughout the year to constantly monitor the academic growth of our students.
- We are committed to model the virtues of perseverance, respect, integrity, discipline, and excellence in all our actions.
- We are committed to constantly challenge our students to consider the ethical implications of their actions.
For more information please contact us at 615-431-5637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org